Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tuesday MM

Good Morning!


A note From Kathy Wilheit;

In the rush of holiday activities, I was slowed by two experiences last week.

1) One of our instructional assistants was absent and her duty needed to be picked up by another. When I went to ask, the assistant smiled and said, "No problem." This happens every time I come, panicked, to make these requests. I so appreciate their flexibility.

2) We welcomed 2 little girls to our school last week. They had just arrived from Mexico, clearly overwhelmed by all the "newness" of everything. They touched and ooohed with wonder as I showed them how to use the water fountain. I cannot tell you how often in my career I have taken such a child and walked him/her to a strange classroom where no one spoke the child's language. Last week we introduced them to their Spanish-speaking teacher and assistant, while Silvia reassured the mother in her native tongue. Thanks to TBE, at least ONE thing in these girls' lives will feel normal.

Be. grateful.

Silvia and/or Edwin will be working from 7:30-3:30 the remainder of this week, so if you need access to your class, just come by and check in at the office to let us know of your presence.  The week after Christmas we are all taking vacation and the building will be closed.  January 2nd is a holiday and we will return with students on day 6 in the rotation, Tuesday, January 3rd.

Enjoy your time and families during this break and know that your efforts to shape our world are meaningful and appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment