Thursday, February 9, 2012

Friday MM - Day two

Good Morning!  Let's have a FANTASTIC FRIDAY. 

I am following a friends journey with Cancer who is in Baltimore to have surgery today.  Recently she wrote a post on CaringBridge about the overwhelming feeling of Gratitude that she is experiencing.  She realizes that being cared for and a having a plan is in place to help her overcome the disease in her body is not a given and she is considering it a "luxury."  As I reflect on her thoughts, I recognize my belief that to give thanks in hard times shifts my energy from negative to positive.  Then, with this new found and enriching energy, I am able to help others and release my selfish tendencies. 

Today, I am going to focus on being thankful for our immense responsibility to serve children.  I am going to bathe in the joyous feeling that our efforts matter.  I also trust that our students are equally grateful for our care and the plan we help them devise to live a rich and rewarding life.  Join me today and let's make a the World a better place.

Subs:
Lynn Boyles for Linnea Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment