Monday, August 27, 2012

Tuesday MM - Day B

Good Morning!

I am Thrilled with our start.  I am a bit worn out as I need to get my "school legs" under me after a summer full of a different type of work.  

Points of emphasis from Day One.
  • Treat everyone with dignity and respect.  
  • Be on time (lunch, specials, dismissal  everywhere)
  • Know your children's names.
  • Be clear with communication between school and home.
  • Remember this is the beginning.  If you set a positive tone and are consistent and pervasive  in your expectations for the first thirty days, Habits will be built that will last for the 150 days to follow.
  • Conversely, Negative habits can be reinforced through neglect.  Be.aware Be.responsive to all forms of bullying/verbal abuse.
I was in many classrooms today and going to continue my presence for the remainder of the week.  I will also continue to assist in the cafe with the development of good habits.  

Please push kids academically and create some differentiated assessments to build confidence in all students.  Success breeds success.




No comments:

Post a Comment