Thursday, December 6, 2012

Friday MM - Day B

Good Morning!

I will be a bit delayed this morning as I am taking a car in for service. 

In our Joint Principals meeting we split into groups and recorded evidence and artifacts related to the WSFCS mission and core values.  one belief statement we "unpacked" was, " Every child has worth and value."  So, how is this demonstrated and lived in our school?  My expectation for Brunson is that everybody is treated with dignity and respect.  In turn, that action assigns worth and value. 

So my challenge to you to end our week,  Ensure that each student leaves our campus for the weekend having been told personally that they are valued.  Unmanageable?  Hardly, I envision a student opening up a door for you to enter school and being told, "Thanks, you just made my day!"  Add in a big smile and you can check one off the list.  "This is the best work you have done all year!"   "I am so glad you are in my class."  The sincere praise will just flow from our hearts and through our mouths and actions.

For the challenge to be a success we will need to eliminate, or at least limit the negative comments.  As Andy reminds us, "research shows it takes 9-11 positive comments to equal one negative"  So today is not our day to express..........."I ain't got but  one nerve left and you are all over it!"

Best of Luck to all of us as we take on this initiative.  The impact we have on the lives of so many amazing children is WORTH our efforts and we will feel the immensity of our VALUE to the community.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment