Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Thursday MM - Day "A"

Good Morning!

I am with Jenny this morning at the Annual Counselor/Principal breakfast.  The Piedmont Club is not ready for us!  I promise I will be on my best behavior, though that means I may be "animated" upon my return to campus.

Welcome to the World of Title I
The district will serve schools down to the 50% poverty threshold, which adds the following schools to the family;
  • Smith Farms
  • Moore
  • Kimmel Farm
  • Paisley
  • Brunson
  • Glenn High
  • Rural Hall
  • Union Cross
Another advantage of our inclusion is the access to programs like:

Title I Summer School

Title I will offer a summer enrichment and acceleration camp from July 14-July 31, (12 days, no Fridays). This summer camp will be designated for all current Title I 2nd graders (rising3rd graders). We will also invite current Title I 1st graders (rising 2nd graders) to the Title I summer camp. The summer camps will be offered at Free Lunch sites from 8:00-3:00 pm, piggybacking on transportation already set up with Read to Achieve. Save the date fliers will be mailed to parents of Title I students within a couple of weeks. We will consult with principals of the tutoring sites. We ask that laptops and or desktops are available for use during the summer camp.

Subs:
David Robinson for Brenda Coles

No comments:

Post a Comment