Friday, July 25, 2014

Summer Update #3 - Friday, July 25th

Good news and bad news about the blog;

  • Bad News - I was at the WSFCS summer leadership retreat and did not get the blog written hence my morning work on this Friday - a typical "day off."
  • Good News -  I had the intention to write the blog in some "down-time," yet the retreat was so relevant and engaging - There was no down time!  I could have said I was "busy." To me that term implies obligation and tasks that are rote and mindless.  I was fully mindful and thrilled to be participating in the process of school/district improvement!
So, one day late I can provide a brief recap of the last couple of weeks;
  • The 14th -17th was FULL of interviews.
  • Thanks to Darcy and Kathy for lending perspective and participating in the process.
  • We hired two ESL teachers-
    • Anna Stoppelbein joins us from Pilot Elementary in GSO where she was teaching first grade
    • Diana Adkins joins us from Diggs -Latham where she was an ESL teacher and SIT co-chair
  • We hired a 3rd grade HAG teacher
    • Kelsey Byrd joins us from High Point with experiences in STEM and LEGO robotics
  • We bid a fond farewell to Angela Adams. She has accepted a position at Lewisville elementary as a Kindergarten teacher.
  • We also say goodbye to Jason Brewer who accepted the fifth grade position and was lured away  by the Museum of Science in Boston to be a national trainer for EIE workshops
  • On the 18th Elizabeth and I celebrated 22 years of Marriage!  We flew to St. Louis to visit with my brother and attend a Faullin family reunion where we honored my Dad on his 80th Birthday.
  • The Leadership Retreat on the 22nd-24th was AWESOME.  I will have much more to share at our opening meeting, yet I need some time to reflect on my new learning.
I will attend the Professional Learning Team training next week on Monday and Tuesday, then work on Staffing and Schedules for the last three weeks.  I will blog again on August 7th before we join forces on AUGUST 18th @ 8am


No comments:

Post a Comment