Thursday, November 30, 2017

Friday, Dec 1st

I want to highlight one example of what it means to be crew as an educator at Brunson.  

  • Kelsey was in a parent conference for most of her lunch. I left the meeting to get her kids from the cafe, yet I could not find them! I was late and another class was at their table.  I looked down the hall and only saw Mrs Jordan and her class at the restroom.  I started to get nervous, so I looked back in the cafe to be sure I did not miss them....still no class.  How was I going to explain to Kelsey that I lost her entire class?  I walked down toward Michelle and THERE THEY WERE, blending in with her class, completely under her care and supervision.  
This is CREW and it happens all day in every location.  Staff members stepping up to support each other. 

"There is more in us than we know.  If we can be made to see it, perhaps for the rest of our lives we will be unwilling to settle for less." 
"We are crew, not passengers, and strengthened by consequential acts of service to others."
-Kurt Hahn-




No comments:

Post a Comment