Monday, November 25, 2019

Tuesday, November 26th

Enjoy The Holiday, Give Thanks!

If you want to provide me a gift, I have a suggestion.....
Upon your return to Brunson on Monday December 2nd,  I or others may inquire, " how was your holiday?"  
The purpose of that basic question is my quest for an authentic interaction with you.  I ask because I want to know more about you and build a stronger relationship.  So tell me a story, full of details.  
Whatever you say, please refrain from, " too short."  What I hear in those two simple words: 
  • I do not want to be here 
  • I do not care enough about you to invest time in a relationship of value and purpose
"Too short" invites the listener into a relationship coined by Brene Brown as, "common enemy intimacy."  We will explore this notion in depth at our December 11th ERD. 
School will be open from 7:30-2:30  on Wednesday if you need anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment