Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Tuesday, February 25th

Good morning, friends I wanted to take a moment to thank you and update you on my path. 

As you probably know, I have completed the hardest part of my chemo…”the red devil”.  I was blessed to only have to deal with flu like symptoms for three or four days after each treatment. That was a breeze compared to what it could have been and what I’ve seen others endure. I am now into my weekly treatments that will last for 12 weeks. After two treatments, there was a bump in the road as my white blood count and neutrophil absolute numbers have been extremely low. This prevented me from having my chemo treatments for 3 1/2 weeks. This past Wednesday my numbers were up enough and thankfully treatment was given again. The nurses at the cancer center said they had never seen anyone so happy to receive chemo! 😜 I am grateful to get back on my path. Side effects from this chemo have continued to be lack of energy, although it has increased some. The worst part has been having no immunity and keeping my ”social personality” away from everyone. i still can chat on the phone!  Boy, will I have a lot of socializing and hugging to do after this is over with! Have your ears ready to listen and your bodies ready for hugs. 🥰

OK, enough of the updates.  I'm truly grateful from the bottom of my heart for the special love you have shown me...text, emails, calls, cards, food, prayers, etc. I just wanted to let you know how generous and thoughtful I think you are. I always appreciate how you make time for me even with your tight schedule. Your gifts touch me beyond words. You are so generous and kind and I can't wait to see you again!

Love you guys!! 
Sarah 

One of the quotes I read often: 
"Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.” - Brian Tracy


No comments:

Post a Comment