Thursday, January 3, 2013

Curriculum notes

Happy New Year everyone!  It was weird not coming back to Brunson on Wednesday, but I was in a CC meeting all day.  I am not sending out notes from that meeting because they all pertain to K-3 language arts.  Those teachers received an e-mail.

We will hold our school spelling bee on January 15 at 9:15am in the media center.  This date will avoid the tours coming through on MWF that week.  3rd graders are welcome to participate, but 4th and 5th grade teachers need to send a representative.  I need your rep's name by the 11th (Friday). 

I am really looking forward to our discussion about the Common Core on our RC day.  The articles that Andy shared got my brain moving.  I was reminded that change brings unique reactions--fear, excitement, relief, anger...  We are in a year full of changes.  I appreciate your dedication to keeping yourselves current, adapting, and working as a team to increase understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment