Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Summer Post #5

Good Afternoon!

I found a new adventure.  The $2.50 marketplace cinema is only $1.50 on Tuesday's with $1.50 popcorn or drink.  Last week we saw "The Great Gatsby" and this week "Mud."  Both were excellent and I have found that I attend to the movie in the theater differently than at home with stop, pause and rewind.  Not that one is better than the other, just a different experience.

Our students "Learn" throughout the summer, yet coming back to our school environment is different.  I believe it is our responsibility to vary the instructional tools we use to engage students in learning.  Just as I lost interest in watching movies at home, the trips to the theater have rekindled my appreciation for film and I now want to watch again at home.

I have heard from 4-5 staff members who expressed interest in the STEM event in Raleigh on August 13th.  I want to meet with the the "team" next week on Tuesday the 7th @ 11:30.  If you cannot make this meeting, zip me an e-mail and we can still get you on the carpool list for the trip.

I will attend the WSFCS Leadership Retreat for the next two days, hence the early posting of the Blog update.

Next week I will be in Learning Team facilitator training Wednesday-Friday.  Andy will be working with the HAG teams, Kathy with K-2 and I have the pleasure to serve 3-5.  In our efforts to improve LTM, we have imagined and planned for success.  I look forward to learning how we can create a space to utilize the Learning Focused Tools to impact our integration of STEM.

If you are available and willing, tentatively schedule Thursday the 15th as our envelope stuffing day to send letters to our families.  We are still awaiting word of our bus information and I will post more next week as I am sure to learn a lot over the next two days.

First Friday Gallery Hop is upon us as well as the National Black Theatre Festival.  Get out and enjoy life here or wherever your travels take you.

Until next week....




No comments:

Post a Comment