Thursday, July 16, 2015

Summer Blog Post #3 - July 16th

Good Afternoon!  I trust you all are well and enjoying the summer!

Staff reports back on August 17th, which leaves us with 4 weeks of summer work until we begin the new school year. Though we have accomplished much, there is more to do!  Below is a bullet list of thing done in BLUE and still to be done in Red.
  • New teachers hired
    • Kelsey Loy - 4th grade
    • Elizabeth Johnson - 5th grade
    • Melanie Sayles - 5th Grade
    • Tom Radulovic - TA
    • 1st TBE
    • 1st Residential
    • Guidance
    • Media - That's right, Deb has accepted a position at Flat Rock Middle school where she will fulfill her dream of developing a secondary media center with a focus on research.  She is working on an e-mail that I will forward soon
  • SIT met on Wednesday and allocated funds to hire FOUR reading interventionists and expand our work with Expeditionary Learning
  • Working on sharing a google documents link that will allow you to view some Expeditionary Learning documents
  • Still working on the schedule
  • Still working on class rosters
  • Still working on the Title One Prioritized School Plan
We will finish Summer enrichment next Thursday, July 23rd.  The following week, July 27th-30th, we are closing the office/building as;
  • Laurie is on vacation
  • I am at the leadership retreat
  • Custodians will strip and wax the common areas
Keep in touch and know that I am looking forward to an amazing school year.  I will leave you with a picture from my trip to see my family on Dad's 81st birthday.
My Brother - Mark, My Dad - Jack , and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment