Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thursday Odds and Ends

Good morning!

First let me say that Liz Parry was sooooo impressed with much of our STEM/EIE work. Kudos to Second Grade who received many compliments on their STEM notebooks. Speaking of notebooks, I have received 2 to take to the STEM conference in Raleigh next week. Please share one from each classroom.

EOQs are complete. I am taking the make-ups in to Central Office Thursday afternoon. All other data should already be uploaded. IF YOU ARE MISSING SCORES, please let me know ASAP so that we can find that for you.

Science Fair....Put Thursday, January 31st on your calendars. We're looking forward to participation from every classroom. Don't worry--K-2 can be a class project and Andy and I have discussed the possibility of using EIE units as scaffolds for other students. Be thinking about how you envision it. Is there a parent night component? Should students stand by their projects and answer questions for the judges? Is there a central location for classroom winners with an opportunity to display more projects in the classroom? Andy Kraft and I are looking forward to growing our fair this year. Please share your ideas!

The Schoolwires workshop offered last Friday has not been posted yet. I will let you know when you can register. I have the attendance roster in my office.

Thursday afternoon I will meet with my group of STAY teachers in the media center. Regardless of my agenda, there is always time for voicing frustrations. This reminds me that we need to be especially supportive of new teachers, new to Brunson, new to grade level/team, new to technology, new to curricula (EIE and Common Core/Essential Standards)...When we say (in Standard 1B) that we collaborate with other professionals, that includes not just dishing out advice but being available to listen and problem-solve with others. I'm going to work on that over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment