Monday, September 3, 2012

Tuesday MM - Day F

GREAT Assemblies for PBIS on Friday.  Let's all pump it up and build some great habits with our kids.  Focus on one or two habits each day for each area on the matrix.

I have several interviews today for the Vacant Assistant position in  1st TBE.  I also am looking ofrward to our Fisrt SIT meeting this afternoon.

Reminder to sign up in the LTM for Teams/Committees.

A message from Cydney Conger, Staff Development Program Manager, STAY Coordinator, Project Enrich Coordinator about Mentor Training



The mentor training for those that have never been trained will be Friday, September 28th and Saturday, September 29th.  Mentors will receive a monthly stipend once they are trained and serving a first or second year teacher.

Principals, please send me the names of anyone you are recommending to become a mentor.  Participants must be recommended by their supervisors in order to register and participate in the training.  Participants must also be able to participate both days.  This is a 12 hour training.  Once I have the names, folks can register online with the WS/FCS professional development link with the following information:

Title:  Mentor Training
Location: EB-room 219 (EB is the Education Building located at 4801 Bethania Station Rd.)
Date:  September 28 and 29, 2012
Time:  8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.

Let me know via e-mail by Friday if you are interested in this vital function to sustain our profession.


A message from Heather Belk regarding FLL;

Hello Staff,
I know you have experienced a very hectic week and I apologize if my timing is bad, but I'm writing because I am looking for interested faculty to coach the LEGO Club (FLL) this year.
We are planning the following:
1. Holding an interest meeting on September 14 or September 18th
2. Practice on Tuesdays and Fridays with this Practice Schedule
9/18 and 9/21
9/25 and 9/28
10/2 and 10/5
10/9 and 10/12
10/16 and 10/19
10/23 and 10/26
10/30 and 11/2
3.  First competition is November 3rd.
Please let me know if you are willing and available for those times for practice and the first competition.   I hope I'm not putting any pressure on you, but I'm getting a big response from parents who want their kid to participate, but are who are unable to coach.  So far, we have 1 definite parent coach-Rob Alexander.  The Brunson Burner lists me as the contact person for the club, but I'm only a communications person, not a coach.  I'm willing to market the club on our website and FB, send emails and flyers, and organize when possible. 
Looking forward to hearing from at least one or two faculty members soon.
Many thanks, Heather Belk [heatherbelk@yahoo.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment